- Erasmus James says he's going to be ready for the season opener. He hasn't been cleared for contact yet, however, so whether or not he'll be able to participate in training camp is still in question.
- After having a successful first draft, Rick Spielman explained the Vikings' thought process and draft day philosophy. And as obvious as it sounds, picking the best player on your board when it's your turn is not an easy philosophy to stick to when you're on the clock.
- Access Vikings has collected the names of most of the rookie free agents the Vikings' have signed. The most intriguing one to me is Alex Reyes, a punter out of Texas Tech. Reyes was a four year starter for the Red Raiders and has a legitimate shot at challenging Chris Kluwe. This might be the biggest storyline in training camp and is a definite reason to head down to Mankato in August.
- I really wish Jimmy Terwilliger, a QB out of East Stroudberg University in Pennsylvania, had actually said what he was thinking to his "buddy".
- Ex-Viking Travis Taylor pleaded guilty to the charge of disorderly conduct in relation to his "scuffle" outside a club on New Year's.
- Don't mess with Bob Stoops.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
A Series of Tubes: Draft Retrospective
There's a lot going on around these here tubes and, oddly enough, not all of it's draft related: