Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nathan Poole Can Burn

Vikings Update (there is a not safe for sanity video at that link--don't say you weren't warned) is reporting that the NFL Competition Committee is considering eliminating the rule that gives a receiver a catch if he is shoved out of bounds prior to landing and he maintains possession. The change being considered would change it so the player is only awarded the catch if they are “actually held and carried out of bounds” by the defender. Otherwise they would have to get both feet in bounds.

I would endorse this idea whole heartedly, except, I just know that the Vikings will get screwed by the rule change and end up losing a game when Bernard Berrian or Sydney Rice get shoved out of bounds while making a catch in the air. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to thinking about the draft before I get too depressed.

No comments: