Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dear Drew

Dear Drew,
Can I call you Drew? Thanks. I just thought I'd welcome you to the Vikings. We're glad to have you. I know your signing wasn't the biggest story of the day, though I have to say I'm glad that T.O. only kinda sorta not really tried to commit suicide and that he's ok. I really don't know what I'd do without some T.O. in my life. I'm sure you feel the same way.

Anyway, I know that you haven't had the most successful professional athletic career, but I'm still excited to have you on the squad. I like Darren Sharper, but it's because of his safety skills, not because of his quarterbacking ability. And I know you aren't actually on the active roster yet, but I'm sure you'll be a hit in practice, and with Tarvaris recovering, well, it'd be nice if you realized some of that promise.

I'll let you go, since I'm sure you have to go spend some time studying the playbook. I suggest you pay particular attention to the plays designed for the red zone. Maybe you'll be able to see something that the Brads don't. A fresh perspective might just be what the offense needs to figure out what they need to do to score touchdowns instead of field goals.

Anyway, good luck and Skol Vikings!

Sincerely,
TBird

No comments: