Friday, August 21, 2009

This Thing Still On?

What? Brett Favre skipped off season workouts and Training Camp and everyone welcomed him with open arms (well...not everyone, but you know what I'm saying).

So it's been a while. Since May apparently. One of the biggest keys to running a blog is definitely to continue to write. You lose your posting groove and suddenly it's August 21st and you haven't posted since May. And, yes, I blame my lack of motivation on Brett Favre. (In fact, if I were you, I'd be prepared to read a lot of posts that blame Brett Favre this year--that man is going to get no mercy from me. I might be willing to give him credit where credit is due, but he will receive no quarter and no mercy when he plays poorly.)

Big Daddy Drew puts the way I feel the best. This season isn't going to be very fun. Success will be Favre's (and I hate Favre. Hate. Hate. Hate. Doesn't matter that he's in Purple. Even if I'm rooting for laundry, I'm not going to root for the laundry he's wearing.) and failure (which, since the Purple sold their soul to get Favre, is anything that doesn't involve a Super Bowl trophy) will be the Vikings'. So yeah. Good times.

The thing is, I was just starting to talk myself into Sage Rosenfels (or as I like to call him, Trent Dilfer Jr.). His stats looked good against Indianapolis (You be quiet with your "they weren't playing their starters"--if I wanted to be reasonable, I wouldn't have been talking myself into Rosenfels). And even more importantly, I was excited for the Vikings' defense to be at full strength. Remember how good the Purple's defense was last year (Football Outsiders had them as the 4th best defense in the NFL)? Remember how they were that good despite missing their Pro Bowl middle linebacker for the entire season? Remember how their starting safety missed the first seven games and their Pro Bowl nose tackle missed the last two games and the playoff game? And remember how none of those players are hurt at the moment (barring the resolution to the Williams' Suspension Trials). The Vikings defense is going to be ridiculous this year. They're going to chew offenses up and spit them out. I don't have the skills to properly describe what they're capable of doing, but if I did, it'd be roughly equivalent to multiplying the destructive force of the Mega Bear and the Mega Lion.

And then, of course, there's the offense, which, not including Brett Favre, should be ridiculously fun. Can you say offensive weapons? Because I can, and I'm pronouncing it "Purple Jesus, Chester Taylor, Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian and Visanthe Shiancoe". Really, the big question marks are where they were last year--under center and everyone to the right of Steve Hutchinson. Except that, unlike last year, the Vikings were actually proactive, drafting Phil Loadholt and acquiring two new quarterbacks (ahem).

Honestly, if it weren't for the whole Brett Favre thing, I'd be ridiculously excited for the upcoming season. So, I'm mainly planning on pretending that's not Favre under center (it'll be hard, I know) and focusing my rube excitment on the Purple People Eaters v. 2 and the weapons surrounding QB #4. And if John Sullivan or Phil Loadholt blow an assignment and Favre gets knocked out for the season, well, those things happen, you know?


14 comments:

Mark said...

'TARD

TBird41 said...

A cogent analysis

Topper said...

Glad you're back at it. And glad other people share this new identity crisis ... here's to that busted knee that hopefully forces Sage back and makes Chilly, Wilf, and everyone else involved with this come out with egg all over their face.

Dissertation Writing said...

Very well written write-up. I literally enjoyed the concept described in the post. Once again nice work indeed.

Anonymous said...

Cheap Nike Air Max
Nike Air Max sale
Cheap Nike Air Max shoes


Cheap Nike Air Max
Nike Air Max sale
Cheap Nike Air Max shoes
Nike air max 2011
Nike air max 2010
Nike air max 2009

Unknown said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing this post. I’m glad to find your post. Keep sharing!! Have a super fabulous day!!!
Hire Expert for Accounting Assignment Help

MATLAB solutions said...

This is something very important to understand, I really appreciate your efforts to share such information. Here I am also sharing some information that might be useful for students looking for Assignment Help , in various subjects like, MATLAB Assignment Help , or Matlab Assignment Help Online.

William smith said...

Are you looking for Economics Assignment Help? Are you not able to choose the best experts? Hire the Best Assignment Helper for Your Assignment. Assignment Hippo is the best Assignment Help and writing service. Writers associated with us are well-qualified who hold years of experience in the field of assignment writing. we are 24x7 available to assist you. We make sure that we provide the assignment on the given deadline. Order Now

William smith said...

Want Statistics Assignment Help Online? Get Professional Assignment Help by the Experts. Choose My Assignment Help to get quality assignment help. Avail the unmatched assignment help service that deliver unique, on-time and high-quality assignment. You can get answers to all your statistics-related problems with detailed step-by-step explanations at My Assignment Help. Expert Tutors at My Assignment Help will work with you on simple as well as complex statistics problems and make the subject easy for you to understand. order now to get the best assignment help online.

baku said...


Nice post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the ultimate section 🙂 I take care of such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
my favourite sports person

Leo Oliver said...


If you want assistance with any management issue, consult us; our Project Management Assignment Help writers are here to provide you with a wide range of solutions. The project management assignments are concerned with in-depth research on projects as well as the most efficient solutions to challenges using math and programming theory.

Essien said...

Its an interesting blog article! Your very own commitment to passing the message throughout turned out to be wonderfully effective. Thanks so much for sharing. Visit past questions and answer for JAMB

Adele Hansley said...

Sample assignment has a team of online tutoring experts. They work to provide the best Law Assignment Help to scholars so that they can craft their assignments on their own. Due to a lack of subject knowledge, it becomes difficult for students to complete their assignments in Canada.

Anonymous said...

interesting content you have here. you can check sap past questions