- A philosophical question: was Travis Taylor officially done with the Vikings when the police tazered him, or did it not become final until they actually slapped the cuffs on him?
- Is it just me, or should the Vikings take a page out of the police's book and just tazer Troy Williamson every time he drops a pass? I bet that would cure him of the drops. It couldn't make him any worse, that's for sure.
- Brad Johnson is deluded if he thinks that some team is going to want an almost 40 year old quarterback with a 72.0 QB rating to start for them. Then again, he thought he deserved a pay raise earlier in the year and he wasn't afraid to agitate in the press for it.
- Whoever this is, I applaud them. Well done, sir, well done.
- Curious as to who the Vikings should be targeting in the draft? Well, according to Cold, Hard Football Facts, the Purple would be making a big mistake if they go after Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Jr. or Calvin Johnson.
- Luckily for the Vikings, they have other areas of need on offense. The right side of the offensive line was awful, which played a major factor in their league leading 123 penalties. It wouldn't hurt to bring in someone who can rush the passer either. Counting on the injury prone Erasmus James to fill that void by himself is the best idea.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Philosophy, A Defense and Draft Advice
It might be the offseason, but there's still a lot going on in Vikings' land. And there's still time to enter the Ragnarok's Playoff PickOff. Entries are due by Thursday evening, and the winner gets a free post to rant about whatever they want in a forum read by tens of Vikings fans. If you're looking for a preview, check out Vegan/Pacifist Viking's (or, you know, pretty much any website that covers football).