Friday, August 01, 2008

Killing Time: Favre Fiasco and Schedule Analysis

Since I have no idea what to think about the ongoing Favre Fiasco, and I'm too worried that Vikes Geek might be right about the Interception King might be released this weekend, I avoided thinking about football last night and watched the Twins climb within a half game of first place with a comeback win against the White Sox (with a little help from the fans in icing Chicago's starting pitcher).

Anyway, if you're interested, I wrote a post for Twinkietown analyzing the schedules for the three AL Central contenders over the final two months. And while the Twins have more road games than the Tigers or White Sox, they still have the easiest schedule. I don't know if it'll be enough to make the difference in the race, but its more than enough to give you hope that the Twins might just pull out the AL Central.

I'm going to sit down this weekend and start writing up my previews for the upcoming NFL season, so check back on Monday, when, barring something crazy happening, I'll have my first preview up. Let's hope nothing too crazy happens.

No comments: