Thursday, September 27, 2007

Things I've Learned This Week

It's been a very instructive week for me here at the Ragnarok. I've learned quite a few things, come to a few conclusions and have made a mental note to do a much better job proofreading my posts. My favorite thing I've learned so far? Favre wears jorts. Apparently he's gone native.

Other things I've learned:

  • Apparently, they have the internet in Wisconsin now. Also, some Packers' fans can read and write. Definitely did not know that.
  • Brad Childress is either a comedian, or an idiot. I pray he's the former, because I don't think I'll be able to take it if Donald Driver torches Cedric Griffin or Marcus McCauley for 150 yards on Sunday. Also, Antoine Winfield continues to make me look like a genius for buying his jersey at the beginning of last season.
  • The Packers have a much better passing game so far this year than they did last year. Their DVOA when they throw the ball is 27.2%, whereas last year, it was -5.8%. Their yards per passing attempt is up as well, from 5.80 to 6.16. I think it has a lot to do with the fact Favre hasn't had one of his patented 5 interception performances (or maybe he's back on painkillers? Sorry...I couldn't help myself). I'm sure Antoine Winfield and Darren Sharper can help him out with that. Remember, it's two picks to tie George Blanda, three to etch Favre's name in the record books forever.
  • The Vikings have a much better pass rush so far this year, almost doubling their adjusted sack rate from 4.6% to 8.6%. Whether or not they are able to get to Favre might be the most important factor on Sunday, as creating turnovers is the pretty much the only way for the Purple to score. The Packers offensive line, however, is a lot better than it was last year as well, cutting their adjusted sack rate from 10.0% last year to 5.6% so far this year. Ray Edwards and Brian Robison better come to play on Sunday.
  • Green Bay has one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, allowing 4.4 yards per carry and 4.13 adjusted line yards. They've also have not yet had the opportunity this year to play an entire game with 9 defenders in the box . If the Vikings are going to have any success on offense, they can't get too predictable, like they did against Kansas City.
  • The Vikings currently have the 9th best odds to make the playoffs of any NFC team at 25.5%. That's a 1 in 4 chance! They can still make it! [Edited because I missed the NFC West teams.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're just now learning they have "the internet" in Wisconsin, you're obviously pretty moronic. Last I checked, Wisconsin actually had a larger population than Minnesota, so I wouldn't be waving the Packers-fans-as-hicks argument around too much.

TBird41 said...

Methinks the Cheese House doth protest too much...

Anonymous said...

Methinks tbird41 is delusional. 7th best odds? OMGROFLLOLBBQ.